Did you know that humans create their own cannabinoids, called endocannabinoids? How about the fact that most healthcare professionals receive very little education on health and wellness subjects like nutrition? These are just a few things that pharmacist, Dr. Swathi Varanasi, wishes more of her colleagues, and the public knew.
Dr. Swathi Varanasi is also Co-Founder & Chief Scientific Officer of Element Apothec, a wellness and skincare brand that uses evidence-based science to create CBD-infused products. She believes in blending the Eastern and Western approach, utilizing herbs, plant-medicine, and multiple different modalities.
Through her practices as an integrative health pharmacist and leading education initiatives at Element Apothec, she’s helping further break the stigma of cannabis as medicine and teaching others about starting a business.
Tune in to this episode to hear more about Dr. Swathi’s passion for educating both patients and healthcare professionals, her brand and how it’s standing out in a saturated market!
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Dr. Swathi on becoming an integrated health pharmacist and business owner
- Using cannabinoids and herbs to bring healing at her company, Element Apothec
- Why education on evidence-based practices of cannabis is important
- Changes in healthcare professionals need to make
- The stigma surrounding cannabis and a lack of research
- What would Dr. Swathi say to skeptics?
- How Dr. Swathi got interested in cannabis as medicine
- Talking to a healthcare provider about cannabis
- Dr. Swathi on starting her brand, Element Apothec, and helping customers
- Prioritizing education at Element Apothec
- Struggles her brand faces in a saturated market
- What’s next for Element Apothec
- Dr. Swathi’s definition of success
Connect with us:
Does your cannabis, hemp, or CBD company need to improve local or e-Commerce sales? Set up a time to speak with us at Calacann – Cannabis Marketing Agency to discuss how our digital marketing, search engine optimization (SEO), web design, affiliate/referral marketing, or influencer marketing campaigns can help you. Home of the D.A.N.C. Method.