Saul Kaye is the CEO and Founder of iCAN Israel Cannabis, producer of CannaTech global events (www.canna-tech.co), and one of the main cannabis advisors to the Israeli Knesset. Six years ago, Saul stumbled upon a small event in Tel Aviv called “CannaTech” and decided to acquire it as one of his ventures. Today, CannaTech is continuing to build a strong community of passionate cannabis industry professionals across the world. Saul sees it as the best platform to educate about cannabis across the broad network of agriculture, human relations, venture capital, big business, pharmaceutical, and beverage companies. Although these categories aren’t used to playing together in the global spectrum, CannaTech provides the environment to allow them to do so. (more…)
Bryan Madle is an expert in marijuana and hemp cultivation as well as hemp product formulation. Along with his wife Sarah, he is also the owner of Blooming Botanicals (https://bloomingbotanicalshemp.com/?ref=calacann). Blooming Botanicals is a custom formulated and herbally infused CBD line that focuses on incorporating additional plant medicines. These additional components are an effective carrier to create a high powered and effectively bio-available product. Bryan and Sarah both have very impressive backgrounds as cannabis growers, holistic health consultants, superfood company owners, as well as in yoga and massage. Today, they are proud to say that their business was built with the backbone of education, sustainability, and wellness. Also, all of their products are officially licensed by the Michigan Department of Agriculture & Rural Development (MDARD).
Similarities and Differences in the Cannabis Industry
In this episode, Bryan joins me to talk about Blooming Botanicals and their journey transitioning from marijuana cultivation to hemp product formulation, and how they will be more similar in the future. Finally, he speaks about CBD as a “miracle plant” and incorporating other plant medicines
3 DANK Points
- Sustainability: Novel cultivation techniques that could help us reduce our footprint as the industry grows
- Why the agriculture industry should also be held to the high standard expected of the cannabis industry
- Getting better in cultivation genetics to be able to yield crops with higher CBG and CBN.
Dr. Steven Todd is a retired oral implantologist and dental anesthesiologist. Today, he is also the author of The Hemp Healthcare Initiative, a program that focuses on educating healthcare professionals and staff about the endocannabinoid system. Dr. Todd joins me on this episode to discuss how all healthcare providers and workers must be educated properly about the endocannabinoid system and it’s vast impact on the body’s overall health. Perhaps most importantly, he also offers a structured solution to counterbalance the kickbacks healthcare providers & physicians receive from pharmaceutical companies. This substantial monetary compensation will incentivize healthcare providers to suggest Cannabis to the patients they serve while allowing them to enter this growing hemp market. In conclusion, passionate about the health benefits and technology CBD, CBG, CBN and other cannabinoids provide, Dr. Steven Todd has opened his initiative to all healthcare providers, physicians, doctors & nurses.
3 DANK Points
- Paying incentives for healthcare providers for hemp-derived options to counter Big Pharma kickbacks
- CBG & other cannabinoids are awakening CB2 Receptors that have been dormant for over 100 years
- How internal self-regulation of our industry is the real answer to a cleaner, more ethical system
Laura Lagano is the author of The CBD Oil Miracle and Co-Founder & Education Director of the Holistic Cannabis Academy, an online learning platform that is integrating cannabis with holistic modalities to help people balance their endocannabinoid system. When her daughter was diagnosed with autism, Laura became very interested in cannabis research and how it can help her daughter, as well as herself, find relief. She now travels around the US to educate healthcare professionals about the therapeutic use of cannabis, while remaining in the field of integrative nutrition & personalized lifestyle counseling. Laura joins me in this episode to teach us how cannabis will help make us more aware of our bodies.
3 DANK Points
- Why CBD is the current darling in the cannabis industry when there are so many other beneficial cannabinoids (CBG, CBN, THC)
- How to accurately assess how your body will react to cannabis with your individual biochemical makeup
- Cannabis as a psychoactive to help regulate moods and the way the body reacts to holistic care
Randal MacCaffrie is the Co-Founder and Chief Information Officer of Cannabis Community Care and Research Network, a public benefit corporation and the very first state-wide social equity network in the cannabis industry otherwise known as C3RN. The company strives to connect and empower the cannabis industry, academia, and clinical communities to create a virtual network of like-minded innovators. In doing so they are able to advance cannabis research and use of medical cannabis as a valuable option for those with qualifying conditions, such as veterans and others who suffer from PTSD. C3RN is also breaking the stigma by starting the cannabis control commission social equity training program at Holyoke Community College.
3 DANK Points
- Identifying and preventing predatory practices that aim to exploit social equity programs.
- Standardizing cannabis curriculum in colleges and universities nationally now in anticipation when cannabis becomes federally legal.
- Providing scientifically sound research with veterans to help them gain relief from PTSD and opioids.
Tanner Stewart is the Co-Founder and CEO of Stewart Farms, a company that is introducing organic sustainable regenerative farming to the cannabis industry. Stewart Farms’ mission is to grow the purest cannabis plant using aquaponics. First, this process converts fish by-products into completely natural plant fertilizer. Then, it uses the fertilizer when watering the plants. Finally, it recycles the clean water back into the fish tanks, thus creating a perfectly symbiotic environment. In this episode of DANK Discussions, Tanner tells us about his passion for optimizing aquaponics and microbes to use in the world of health and wellness and how it may have a big impact on the industry of agriculture and cannabis cultivation in the future.
3 DANK Points
- It’s up to the cannabis industry, not the consumer, to internalize the need to become less wasteful
- Sustainability and veganism aren’t synonymous
- Integrating ground-breaking techniques to make your cannabis business sustainable without breaking the bank
- Bonus: Why California has the best bud (and it’s a Canadian, not Maynard the Californian, saying it)