Curt Robbins is a technical writer, instructional designer, and lecturer who has been developing science-based educational and training content for Fortune 200 enterprise companies for more than 30 years. His clients have included Federal Express, Microsoft, Sun Microsystems, Northrop Grumman, National City Bank, Strainprint Technologies Ltd., the J.M. Smucker Company, and USAA. (more…)
Saul Kaye is the CEO and Founder of iCAN Israel Cannabis, producer of CannaTech global events (www.canna-tech.co), and one of the main cannabis advisors to the Israeli Knesset. Six years ago, Saul stumbled upon a small event in Tel Aviv called “CannaTech” and decided to acquire it as one of his ventures. Today, CannaTech is continuing to build a strong community of passionate cannabis industry professionals across the world. Saul sees it as the best platform to educate about cannabis across the broad network of agriculture, human relations, venture capital, big business, pharmaceutical, and beverage companies. Although these categories aren’t used to playing together in the global spectrum, CannaTech provides the environment to allow them to do so. (more…)
Damon Booth is the founder and CMO of Melabis. Melabis is a company based in Malta that is presenting the global cannabis industry to the forefront of emerging markets across the world. At Melabis, they are proud to be working alongside many governments worldwide. Their goal is to assist in providing high-quality cannabis that surpasses the highest regulations and standards. In the future, demand for cannabis will skyrocket when big brands enter the fray. Melabis is positioning itself to be able to meet that demand. On the tech side of the company, they are developing an app that will be used by doctors to track how their medical cannabis patients are doing and making sure they are on the correct customized dosage. Melabis and its team are working hard to increase the developments in global cannabis research by aiding cannabis cultivation and processing.
3 DANK Points
- Establishing communication with multiple governments across continents and working within the bureaucratic structure these governments often impose
- Crowdsourcing medicinal cannabis data using apps to not only progress research in general, but also gain valuable insight into the way we use cannabis to better serve patients
- How to provide supply for the inevitable worldwide demand for quality CBD when big brands look to enter the market
Tanner Stewart is the Co-Founder and CEO of Stewart Farms, a company that is introducing organic sustainable regenerative farming to the cannabis industry. Stewart Farms’ mission is to grow the purest cannabis plant using aquaponics. First, this process converts fish by-products into completely natural plant fertilizer. Then, it uses the fertilizer when watering the plants. Finally, it recycles the clean water back into the fish tanks, thus creating a perfectly symbiotic environment. In this episode of DANK Discussions, Tanner tells us about his passion for optimizing aquaponics and microbes to use in the world of health and wellness and how it may have a big impact on the industry of agriculture and cannabis cultivation in the future.
3 DANK Points
- It’s up to the cannabis industry, not the consumer, to internalize the need to become less wasteful
- Sustainability and veganism aren’t synonymous
- Integrating ground-breaking techniques to make your cannabis business sustainable without breaking the bank
- Bonus: Why California has the best bud (and it’s a Canadian, not Maynard the Californian, saying it)